What do I need to know before starting construction?

CDID #1 is required to implement and enforce a Stormwater Management Program (PDF) to reduce pollutants in stormwater runoff to our ditches from new development, re-development and construction site activities. The program applies to both private and public improvements, including roads, and is consistent with stormwater regulations adopted by the City of Longview, City of Kelso and Cowlitz County. CDID #1 coordinates with these local jurisdictions to permit and manage projects within our system boundary.

Notify Us

If you already have a CDID #1 encroachment permit and are ready to start work, notify us at least 48 hours in advance. Depending on the project, CDID #1 may inspect the site to ensure appropriate temporary erosion and sediment controls are in place, and/or request a pre-construction meeting with you or your contractor.

Show All Answers

1. Are the CDID #1 ditches waters of the U.S.?
2. What is an illicit discharge?
3. Are non-stormwater discharges allowed?
4. Can I drain my swimming pool or hot tub to the ditch?
5. What do I need to know before starting construction?